We have previously discussed the Bimal Jalan Committee report on “Review of Ownership and Governance of Market Infrastructure Institutions”. The report has been subject to intense debate, and the overwhelming view emerging is that the recommendations will destroy competition in the sphere. In this post, I attempt to list some of the relevant readings on this issue:
- Views in the Business Standard;
- Surjit Bhalla in the Indian Express;
- Mobis Philipose in The Mint;
- Nitin Potdar in Money Control;
- Jayanth Varma in the Financial Express; and
- Sandeep Parekh in the Financial Express.