[The following announcement is posted on behalf of the NLUJ Law Review]
About the Review
The NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur, established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues in India. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed and student-edited journal focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing, currently in its 4th volume of publication. The broad remit of the Review is broad and not restricted to any particular field of law, and includes legal as well as policy-related issues, both national and international.
Nature of Submissions
The NLUJ Law Review invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all academicians, authors, legal professionals and students from India and abroad, under the following categories –
A. Long Articles (6500 -8500 words, including footnotes)
This category is designed to comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of a particular legal topic in toto. It must analyse the current practice in the field and identify lacunae therein along with suggesting solutions to the problem. Author(s) are also encouraged to write analytical responses to earlier publications of the Review.
This category is not open to undergraduate students.
B. Short Articles (4000-6000 words, including footnotes)
The Review includes short works to provide an opportunity for the members of the legal fraternity to keep abreast of new ideas and legal reforms. In this category, a more comprehensive study of a narrow topic is involved, and the issues must be addressed from a new perspective providing a critical insight on the subject.
C. Notes and Comments (2000-3500 words, including footnotes)
An important feature of the Review is the ‘Notes and Comments’. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate. A comment is limited to critical appraisal of a recent judicial decisions, new legislations, or policy reform proposals.
Short notes should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words. No abstract is required for Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
A. General Instructions
- Up to 2 co-authors are allowed for all categories except Notes and Comments wherein co-authorship is not allowed.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication in the Review.
- Submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
- Deadline for submissions is 15th October 2016, 11:59 p.m. IST.
- In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the author or institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript or its properties.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Garamond font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Garamond font size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Text and footnotes should conform to A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) (“The Bluebook”). Speaking footnotes are discouraged. Submissions with endnotes will be rejected.
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 200 word abstract. The second page should contain a table of contents, and the main body of the manuscript must begin immediately thereafter.
C. Submission through email
- All submissions must be mailed in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission for 4.1’. PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, academic year (if applicable), qualifications (if applicable), institutional affiliation, title of the paper, and a declaration to the affect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author.
All queries are to be addressed to email@example.com, or in the alternative, may be addressed to Shreya Mathur (Editor In Chief) at firstname.lastname@example.org.